High Asset Divorce Lawyer Austin, TX
Working with a high asset divorce lawyer in Austin, TX when dealing with complicated, contentious divorce cases, involving high valued assets can be an appropriate approach for managing your divorce. In general, high asset divorces will require more time, more money, and a greater level of care than average divorces. These are not cases you want to handle without a Texas high asset divorce lawyer to rely on. Gray & Becker, P.C., can provide you with legal representation when facing a contentious divorce.
In a high asset divorce, your high asset divorce lawyer from Austin, TX will likely begin with a comprehensive investigation of the marriage to determine what type of assets are involved, and how much marital property exists. Your high asset divorce lawyer in Austin, TX may need to hire outside professionals that may include:
- Real estate appraisers
- Antique or jewelry appraisers
- Financial planners
- Private investigators
- Other types of appraisers
This will help your Austin, TX high asset divorce lawyer to understand the full value of assets involved. Having Gray & Becker, P.C. on your side, can provide you with unwavering legal advocacy during the proceedings. Should a dispute arise, a high asset divorce lawyer from Austin, TX can work hard to find a resolution to the problem as quickly as possible so as not to draw out the process.
Financial Experts Will Have a Role
It is almost certain that in the case of a high asset divorce case a trusted Austin, TX high asset divorce lawyer will turn to the advice of various experts. These professionals will assist in the valuation of the marital assets and ensure your interests are safeguarded.
It is possible that your spouse has hidden assets. If you think this is a potential element to your divorce, a forensic accountant may be called upon. Through diligent practice, the accountant may look for investments and withdrawals. Once located, they can be included in the case. After an analysis of assets has been conducted, a judge will have a clearer picture of one another’s financial standing.
Examples of assets that may be valuated include:
- Retirement accounts
- Real estate
- Personal belongings
- Stocks and brokerage accounts
If a high asset divorce is applicable to your own divorce, you should choose Gray & Becker, P.C., Austin, TX high asset divorce lawyers who have experience in handling these types of cases.
Call an Austin, TX High Asset Divorce Lawyer Now
If your spouse has already consulted or hired, a high asset divorce lawyer in Austin, TX, you should waste no time in doing the same thing. This also applies to situations that may involve missing money or assets; which is common in a heated divorce.
For years, the Austin, TX high asset divorce lawyers at Gray & Becker, P.C. have been handling divorce proceedings of various complexities, including contested divorces and high asset divorces. If you and your spouse have a large amount of assets, it is recommended that you call our firm to see whether or not any extra steps should be taken to protect your rights and interests. We will listen to your concerns and help you to better understand what your next steps should be. For a consultation with a skilled and tenacious high asset divorce lawyer in Austin, TX, call Gray & Becker, P.C. so that we may support you in moving forward. Get help from a property division lawyer Austin, TX residents turn to.
How to Get Through a High Asset Divorce
A high asset divorce can include more complexities than a standard divorce. This can cause you to feel more stressed and anxious. Here are a few tips to successfully get through a divorce like this.
- Gather Relevant Documents Promptly: In a high asset divorce, it’s especially important to get important documents together right away. These documents may include prenups, bank statements, tax returns and mortgage statements. They will help educate your high asset divorce lawyer in Austin, TX about the complexities in your case and help him or her work efficiently.
- Be Patient: Before you file divorce papers, it’s important to understand that a high net divorce will take longer to complete than a regular divorce. There are more assets to sort out, so it may take a while. Don’t make the mistake of settling too quickly because you feel stressed. Be patient and power through the process.
- Speak to an Accountant: Many people are unaware of the various tax consequences associated with a high asset divorce. To avoid some big surprises later on, you should consult an experienced accountant as soon as possible. He or she will inform you about how ownership of your assets could impact you.
- Don’t Try to Hide Your Assets: When you’re in a high net worth marriage, you have more assets than the average married couple. A mistake a high asset divorce lawyer in Austin, TX has witnessed some people make is attempting to hide certain assets in a divorce. For example, if one spouse owned a vacation property before getting married, they may feel like that it’s rightfully theirs. However, all assets have to be divided up correctly. If you try to hide assets, it could negatively affect your divorce case.
- Choose Your Battles Wisely: It’s understandable that you feel anger towards your ex. However, that doesn’t mean you should try to pick a fight every day. It’s important to choose your battles wisely. For example, if your ex is a few minutes late dropping off your child, don’t scream and yell.
- Be Careful on Social Media: If you’re going through a high asset divorce, it’s especially important to be cautious about what you post on social media. You don’t want any details getting misinterpreted.
- Hire an Experienced Lawyer: It’s in your best interest to work with an experienced high asset divorce lawyer in Austin, TX. He or she will know the ins and outs of high net worth divorces and improve your chances of a fair settlement.