Gray & Becker, P.C.
Champion of People’s Rights Scholarship
The attorneys at Gray & Becker P.C. have a passion for protecting the rights of people. We do this by providing people with high-quality legal services for a variety of legal needs. Our commitment to providing our clients with high-quality legal services comes from our dedication to not wanting our clients to get taken advantage of by people who do not respect and support their legal rights. The dedicated team at Gray & Becker, P.C. wants to support the education of a student who is committed to supporting and defending people whose rights have been disrespected and/or compromised by others.
We believe that education, along with passion and dedication, is empowering for those who want to protect others. By investing in the education of a student who wants to promote and uphold values to protect the rights of others that are similar to our own, we will be investing in a more positive future. For this, we have created the Gray Becker, P.C., Champion of People’s Rights Scholarship, 2019, in the hopes that it will help a student who is committed to being a champion protector of people’s rights.
- This scholarship is open to any student who is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or professional program in the United States. This includes accredited community college students as well as high school seniors and students who possess a GED who have been accepted to or are enrolled in an accredited program.
- The scholarship applicant must be dedicated to protecting peoples’ rights and be able to demonstrate this commitment in their essay.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above.
Essay Prompt & Questions
Respond to the following prompt and questions in an essay of 1,000 words or less:
- Describe a situation that you witnessed or heard about that was a pivot point for you to realize that you want to help others by standing up for their rights.
- Since this time, what have you done to protect the rights of people?
- In what ways will your education help you to be able to protect peoples’ rights when you are finished with school?
- Make sure that your essay makes clear, the kinds of rights you (are going to) protect.
- Updated resume
- Essay, 1,000-word maximum. See essay questions above.
- Current unofficial transcript.
Submission Deadline: February 1, 2020
All application materials must be submitted by this date.
Award Announcement: March 2020
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
Scholarship applicants must submit all application materials by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.